18 August 2010

clark pinnock

Our brother and fellow theologian, Clark Pinnock, has gone to be with our Lord on August 15, 2010. A constant source of stimulating and challenging theology, there was much to learn from the insights given through his perspective. I spoke with him a few times, though I cannot say that our friendship was anything beyond that. This is not to say that I was not profoundly impacted by his work.

One of my first introductions to his theology (that was not concerned with the Openness debate), was when I read the profound Flame of Love, which is one of the finest books on the Holy Spirit that one can find. Along with much of the world, I consider it to be his magnum opus.

Our prayers and our warmest regards go out to his family, and those who knew him well.

Click here for the obituary found in CT.

No comments: