19 February 2008

zeke's bread

Two things we know for sure about Ezekiel: 1) about 158 practicing Christians worldwide even know what this OT books says (only 267 know it is an actual biblical book); 2) he could make some wicked bread.  How do I know this?  A simple walk through the freezer section revealed this:
I must confess, I was a bit skeptical at first.  BUT!. . .Brethren, hear my testimony: As the weight of the Lenten fast was upon me I sensed my spiritual life drying up.  This morning was especially difficult as I felt no desire to work on my research, to plan for my church, to spiritually guide my family.  But after a mid-morning PB&J with the aforementioned bread, I now feel compellingly affirmed that the Spirit has flown to my heart (much like the dove pictured on the plastic wrapper in the aforementioned bread).  Yes, Ezekiel can throw down some prophetic smack - we knew that all along.  But he can also deliver some fabulous dough.


Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnd!  As though that witness wasn't enough, there has been this discovery.  I am sure that when Jesus had a hankerin' for a burrito, he went this route (because he had not yet created Chipotle). . .

No comments: