17 January 2008

return of SeinLanguage

I was cleaning out a closet the other day when I found an old copy of SeinLanguage.  This book was published in 1993 and is basically a print version of many of comedian Jerry Seinfeld's acts observations, some of which made it on his show (or other tv appearances) and some that didn't.  It has been fun to randomly read through parts of it and I thought I would share some of the better ones as I leave it on my desk for diversion-time.  Here are two:

Magazines are another medium I love because, like TV, 95% of it is simply based on "How the hell are we going to fill all this blank space?"  You can always tell it's a slow news week when you see articles like, "Did Comets Kill the Dinosaurs?"  Here's a hot topic - who's got time for this?  "Hey, what happened to the dinosaurs?  Weren't they just here?"  Maybe comets killed the dinosaurs, maybe they tripped and fell.  What's the difference?  We'll never know.  We couldn't solve the Kennedy Assassination, we had films of that.  Good luck with the Stegosaurus.

and

Sunday paper is the worst.  Weekend.  You want to relax.  "Oh, by the way, here's a thousand pages of information you had no idea about."  How can they tell you everything they know ever single day of the week and then have this much left over on Sunday when there's nothing going on?

Good Stuff.

No comments: